Report as inappropriate.
Play chess with other Greenfoot users, or against the AI (with difficulty setting), or yourself.
There are four difficulty settings for the AI. So far it just determines how many moves the AI will look ahead (2-5).
Pawn promotion piece selection is done by clicking (to toggle through options) on the piece shown to the right of the chess board. Have it ready before moving a pawn to be promoted.
Playing with other users:
* Comment below to ask someone to join you if no one is in the game with you.
* May chat with your opponent.
* Who goes first is randomized for now.
* There is no time restriction.
* Notices will be given if your opponent quits the game (starting a new game), or if they may have paused the scenario or left.
* Save game feature
The AI is similar to my one from like 3 years ago, but with better implementation/documentation. My old chess game can be found here:
For a reusable class for making your own onsite user 2-player/users games/scenarios, visit:
For reusable GUI Components, visit:
5244 views / 777 in the last 7 days
6 votes | 0 in the last 7 days
This scenario is a member of: UserInfo Shares, UserInfo Multiplayer, Game AI
There is no HTML 5 translation of this scenario available.
View legacy version (requires Java plugin)
This scenarios uses Java features that are not available for use after conversion to HTML 5. Please try the legacy version, which requires the Java plugin to be installed.
Want to leave a comment? You must first log in.