Report as inappropriate.
This is a very early sneak peak of a 3D engine in greenfoot. Is is essentially a 'port' of an OpenGL engine for greenfoot, so it is slower and looks less awsome (I just can't implement the features that make it look more awsome).
It is far from finished, I just wanted to show what I was working on.
The controls are:
- wasdqe to move the object
- arrow keys to move the light source
- click to change from normal drawing mode to wireframe, and vice versa
For you real graphics-nerds, these are some of the (current) features:
- Full depth buffer support
- Blinn-phong shading for diffuse and specular reflection
- Gouraud and flat shading (gouraud shown)
- Wireframe mode
- Deferred rendering
- Backface culling
- .obj file loader: both for meshes and materials
Some things I'm going to work on:
- Audio player (not using the default greenfoot library, but something more complex like the trail library)
- Shadows? (I'm really not sure. It depends on many frames per second I have to spare)
I hope you like it, and please tell me what I could improve upon!
3471 views / 207 in the last 7 days
9 votes | 0 in the last 7 days
This scenario is a member of: 3D
Want to leave a comment? You must first log in.