Report as inappropriate.
This is a very early sneak peak of a 3D engine in greenfoot. Is is essentially a 'port' of an OpenGL engine for greenfoot, so it is slower and looks less awsome (I just can't implement the features that make it look more awsome).
It is far from finished, I just wanted to show what I was working on.
The controls are:
- wasdqe to move the object
- arrow keys to move the light source
- click to change from normal drawing mode to wireframe, and vice versa
For you real graphics-nerds, these are some of the (current) features:
- Full depth buffer support
- Blinn-phong shading for diffuse and specular reflection
- Gouraud and flat shading (gouraud shown)
- Wireframe mode
- Deferred rendering
- Backface culling
- .obj file loader: both for meshes and materials
Some things I'm going to work on:
- Audio player (not using the default greenfoot library, but something more complex like the trail library)
- Shadows? (I'm really not sure. It depends on many frames per second I have to spare)
I hope you like it, and please tell me what I could improve upon!
3817 views / 553 in the last 7 days
9 votes | 0 in the last 7 days
This scenario is a member of: 3D
There is no HTML 5 translation of this scenario available.
View legacy version (requires Java plugin)
This scenarios uses Java features that are not available for use after conversion to HTML 5. Please try the legacy version, which requires the Java plugin to be installed.
Want to leave a comment? You must first log in.