Report as inappropriate.
This is my first play with Greenfoot.
A little demo, inspired by a few PC games: Majesty, Dransik and SimAnt.
You can't control the heroes directly (that's the idea...), but you can click on them or monsters to see their stats.
For now, if your heroes die, you'll just have to restart. :)
Plans for R3: interactive buildings (be able to recuit heroes).
- Implemented factory pattern. Now have different types of monsters and heroes.
- Heroes should live longer: they'll rest between fights if hurt, or run home if close to dying.
- Heroes now heal slowly compared to monsters when roaming around, but heal very quickly at their camp.
- Monsters have different behaviours: passive (mind their own business), agressive (attack heroes) and ultra agressive (attack heroes and other monsters!).
- Improved movement algorithm. Still simplistic, but mobs wont get stuck as often.
- Made some improvements to the code (see comments thread).