Report as inappropriate.
Instant Messenger with individual users. Live chat with "online status" indication.
Threw this together the past few days.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
* This is not a mailbox implementation.
* Messages are no longer available once a chat session has ended.
* Messages can be sent between 2 users if BOTH are paired with each other.
Can have 2 chats active at a time.
HOW IT WORKS, via basic example:
1. Both UserA and UserB are paired with each other.
2. UserA: send message to UserB.
3. UserB: receive message, send notification to UserA.
4. UserA: recieve notification, remove message.
5. UserB: remove notification.
6. Finally UserA can now reuse the message slot.
Each message can be of length 50 characters (may be increased to 62 in the future).
If you send 3 messages with the first 2 not complete, the 3rd will fail to send.
From what I tested on site, seems sending messages took ~2 seconds to complete.
(1 second for other user to receive, and 1 second to receive notification)
Basically have ~13 unused bits for each of the two ints in use (the other 8 ints are not used).
One string not used, may end up allocating 12 characters for each other string (making individual messages to have max length 62).
For reusable GUI Components, visit:
2005 views / 8 in the last 7 days
9 votes | 0 in the last 7 days
This scenario is a member of: UserInfo Shares