Report as inappropriate.
This is a performance test of my code in it's current state. This is a Tile-and-objects engine I wrote to allow the creation of massive 2D game worlds. It's a long term project. For now, it's just a test/preview. I am trying to keep everything I do Greenfoot Gallery compatible, so I test each iteration on here.
Click to move the player. You can pick up, and then put on items. The skeletons are presently paused. There is not much to do except walk around. There are borders which demonstrate the tile collision system, which is similar to what I use in Collider within my AnimatedCharacter class (click my scenarios to find it if you're interested in seeing some of my graphics import and manipulation code).
On my local computer, the game runs at 60 fps (reports 61) consistently. On here, it has little dips, but still runs pretty smooth. I hope to release this one day as a project for my students to learn from, and optionally add content of their own.
2103 views / 637 in the last 7 days
6 votes | 2 in the last 7 days