Report as inappropriate.
A game like Age of Empires.
Things which work:
- Menu. If no color was picked (=white), a random one will be used
- Town Center and Barracks. Going to the next age does not require to build any buildings (mostly because there aren't enough yet)
- Cutting trees. (Other resources (except animals) are also implemented, but not randomly created yet)
- Map size based on number of players. Town Center placed randomly across the world. A forest near to each Town Center
- You start with a town center and three villagers. Click (left mouse button) on a villager to select it. Then you can click (right mouse button) to move the unit. Left clicking on the shown buildings on the bottom let the unit build that building if enough resources are available (which is likely the case because you pretty much have infinite). Choose the position of the building and click the left mouse button to confirm.
- When selecting a building (clicking on it), you can build units and research things (read the tooltips for help) depending on the building. (Only the town center and barracks are functional yet.)
Things which do not work / should not happen:
- Units moving over each other (could fix that by handling them the same as building, but see next point)
- Finding the shortest route works, but is far too slow. Each building has four actors around them (a bit off of the corners). Then some sort of Djikstra algorithm is used to calculate the shortest route. This works to move around buildings without problems, but with the forest, the calculation takes ages... If anyone has a better idea, please let me know. Without this being fixed, there is no real reason to continue working on this project.
- The other three buildings do not have any effect yet. Mostly because I did not create the images and write the tooltips yet and the possible population is not calculated anywhere either (so you can build as many units as you want without having houses). The population part wouldn't be that hard to fix though.
- No AI yet. (There is no reason to write complicated AI code if moving for one single unit isn't working without lag...) You can not attack anyone either. The menu selection of the difficulty and the teams obviously do not have any effect because of that
- Random placement of created units is somewhat broken
- Probably more things I am not aware of or that I forgot to mention
It was still fun to code it even though the pathfinding is really screwing that up...
1571 views / 2 in the last 7 days
Want to leave a comment? You must first log in.
No votes yet.