Report as inappropriate.
Was working on this the end of last year, and early this year(2014).
This is a gutted, refactored, and improved version of my Pryo game, found here: http://www.greenfoot.org/scenarios/7632
New features of note:
* Larger screen.
* Leveling with experience bar.
* Fall damage.
* Region name notification.
* Death (including drowning). For now, use spacebar to revive.
* Loot with 4 tiers of rarity. (Check the loot window after a kill, where you can trash or transfer items to your inventory).
* Items, with stats (damage, defense, stats increase, xp gain, attack speed, invulnerability chance, reflected damage, bleed chance and damage, defense when health below 30%)
* Freeform attacking (click or press and hold) with melee weapons or bows. Different than Pyro where everything was skill based.
* Extended map.
Movements: WAD or arrow keys.
Attacks: mouse press/dragging(for bow aim).
There are 4 threads; one for drawing the game environment, one for characters, one for special effects like projectiles, floating text, and fires. And finally the main Greenfoot thread which is responsible for the UI.
The FPS is targeted at 40. It is pretty accurate I believe; having a designated drawing thread (which the fps is calculated by), with buffers which are grabbed by the main thread setting the World's background (from testing - the main thread will execute 2 or 3 times w/o having a new image to grab). And having the Greentfoot speed set at 51, and according to nccb's post that a speed of 51 relates to a target fps by Greenfoot to that of 70. http://www.greenfoot.org/topics/find/2040#post_2040
For reusable GUI Components, visit:
3430 views / 492 in the last 7 days
2 votes | 0 in the last 7 days
There is no HTML 5 translation of this scenario available.
View legacy version (requires Java plugin)
This scenarios uses Java features that are not available for use after conversion to HTML 5. Please try the legacy version, which requires the Java plugin to be installed.
Want to leave a comment? You must first log in.