Greenfoot Technical Support
We have a dedicated email address for technical problems. Please note it is only
for problems with the installation or operation of Greenfoot itself, not for help
with programming problems (use our discussions area instead).
Some Simple Steps before you email us
- Do a web search to see if there is a solution available.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Greenfoot and Java. On Windows you may have to run the "select VM" utility (from the Start menu) to choose the right JDK version.
What to include in your email
When sending a support request you
- Specify your operating system (Windows? Mac? Linux? something else?) and
- Specify which version of Greenfoot you are using
- Be specific - give as much information about the problem as possible. Include
information about what you do to cause the problem, and the exact
error message (if any) that you get.
- Include the debug log - the file called "greenfoot-debuglog.txt", whose location
should be displayed in the "About Greenfoot" dialog which you can access from
the Greenfoot menu. We need this to try and sort out your
problem! Without it, you'll most likely just get an email back
asking for it.
Important! Always include the debug log. If you cannot see the "About Greenfoot"
dialog for some reason, try and do a search for
"greenfoot-debuglog.txt". If you still can't find it, please
mention this in your email.
Note: unfortunately the "About Greenfoot" dialog doesn't show the correct location of the debug log file in Greenfoot 2.3.0 - this will be corrected in the next Greenfoot release. For Windows, look in "your-profile-folder\greenfoot". For Mac OS, look in "/Users/your-username/Library/Preferences/org.greenfoot" and see [this page].
Where to send your email
Send your support requests, with the above information, to: email@example.com